2-4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can favorite salsa
¼ cup water
Corn Tortillas (small)
In bottom of crock-pot, place vegetable oil, chicken breasts, salt, pepper, and seasoning to taste.
Add Chicken breast
Empty can of Salsa on to the chicken.
Place on low for 3 hours.
Once chicken is done. Shred chicken. Place shredded chicken back in crock-pot until all pieces are shredded. Place on “Warm” or turn off.
Now its time to fry the tortillas:
1. In a small frying pan pour a small amount of oil. (You may use EVOO if you would like)
2. Turn burner on to medium
3. Once oil is hot, place corn tortilla in oil.
4. Fry on each side for about one minute, or until edges are crispy.
5. Place on a paper towel-covered plate.
Continue until all tortillas are fried. (Amount desired)
Also, use flour tortillas for burritos. Be creative.
Serve with condiments: Sour Cream, Shredded cheese, lettuce if desired etc.
Two chicken breast will feed approx. 2-4 people. Three to Four chicken breasts will feed
approx. 5-7 people.
One box Lasagna Pasta Noodles (any brand)
Pasta Sauce (Prego is my favorite)
½ lb. Ground Beef
8-16oz package Mozzarella Cheese
8oz. Cottage Cheese
- In a large pot, boil pasta noodles.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef and season as desired.
- Add pasta sauce one beef is browned.
- Once pasta is done, (check by tasting part of a noodle) drain water.
- In a large baking dish layer the following:
Cottage Cheese (small spoonfuls)
Mozzarella Cheese (sprinkle all over layer)
Continue layering the items until pan is full or items are gone.
On the last layer you will not use the cottage cheese, however
use more Mozzarella cheese than previous to give it a
nice cheesy top layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. If items are hot, then bake for approximately 30 mins. Until cheese is melted.
This meal goes great with garlic bread. Recipe to follow.
French Bread loaf from store bakery
1. Cut bread into thin slices
2. Butter just one side with favorite kind of butter.
3. Sprinkle garlic salt over buttered side. (as much as you would like).
4. Cover bread in aluminum foil.
5. While the lasagna is cooking, place bread in oven the last 10 mins of cook time.
2-6 Skinless boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
(I like to put about a cup of rice. Also you may use whole grain rice)
½ tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
(Corn is great or any other veggie your family enjoys)
½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
** Note** This is a great dish to prepare the night before. Leave it in the refrigerator covered until ready to bake.**
1. In a mixing bowl, stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and veggies.
2. Put mixture in shallow baking dish.
(Smaller for 2-3 pieces of chicken otherwise 11 x 8 for 4-6 pieces of chicken)
3. Top mixture with chicken. Season chicken however you would like.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 mins or until chicken and rice are done.
5. Turn chicken about half way through, in order to cook evenly.
Stir frequently to avoid burning or rice sticking to pan. Let stand for a short time to cool.
** Note** After cooking, cut chicken in half (width wise) for the perfect portion and to feed more with less chicken.**
I love to cook. I dont know if I would call myself a chef or if anyone else would for that matter but I still love to cook. It is actually one of my hobbies. So I have decided to start a recipe blog. I am still trying to figure out the blog world and how to set up my page, but I thought this might be a good idea to organize my recipes. If you have any quick, easy, and or cheap meals please feel free to email me with the recipe and I will add it to the collection. If you email me with a recipe I will add your blog as a link on the page. I hope you can enjoy this and that it is helpful.